IMPORTANT NOTICE RE-OPENING OUR CHURCH FOR PUBLIC MASSES
RE-OPENING OF ST. THOMAS MORE PARISH:
We are pleased to announce the re-opening of our Parish this coming week, starting Monday, March 15. With this, we are implementing measures to help prevent the further spread of the COVID-19 virus. We ask the patience of our parishioners once again, as we go through these measures, which may be uncomfortable to many but are necessary.
REGISTRATION TO ATTEND MASS:
Registrations start on Monday via church website, Facebook page, e-mail or by calling the Parish office.
- In order to attend Mass, each parishioner is asked to register ahead of time. Registration is a must.
- Each member of the family is required to be registered.
- Registrations end on Thursdays at 5 p.m. to be able to attend Mass that weekend. Weekday Mass registrations must be in the day before by 12 noon.
IF YOU ANSWER 'YES" TO ANY OF THE QUESTIONS BELOW OR ARE CURRENTLY NOT FEELING WELL, PLEASE DO NOT REGISTER AND SEEK MEDICAL ATTENTION:
Do you have..
- A fever or chills?
- A runny nose?
- A headache?
- A cough?
- A nose congestion?
- Chest pain?
- A sore throat?
- Difficulty breathing?
- Are you experiencing symptoms not listed above?
- Or someone in your household or someone you had close contact with traveled out of country in the last 14 days?
- Or someone in your household, or someone you had close contact with have COVID-19 or symptoms of COVID-19?
UPON ARRIVAL AT THE CHURCH:
- Please enter through the main doors (by Ellesmere Rd.) and you will be greeted and assisted by an usher.
- Please bring and wear your own mask. If you don’t have a mask, you will not be permitted to enter the church.
- Your temperature will be taken upon entering the church.
- Please observe physical distancing and keep a 2m or 6ft distance between one another.
- You must arrive 15 minutes before Mass. Doors will be closed and no one will be permitted inside once the Mass starts.
IMPORTANT THINGS TO REMEMBER:
- Everyone is asked to a wear a mask which must be worn at all times upon arrival at church.
- Ensure physical distancing is being practiced – 2m (6ft).
- Confessions are offered by appointment only by calling the Parish office.
- Holy water fonts will remain empty until such time as they may be used safely.
- All hymnals, prayer books and other reading materials will be temporarily removed from the pews.
- Unfortunately, singing provides a significant opportunity for the projection of particles from the mouth. Parishioners attending Mass are asked not to sing at this time to minimize the potential spread of the virus.
- The Greeting of Peace is maintained however, no sign such as shaking hands is permitted during the pandemic. A simple bow of the head towards one’s neighbour may be offered as a sign of peace.
- The dialogue between the Eucharistic Minister and the communicant occurs at a 2m (6ft) physical distance. After the dialogue, the communicant approaches the Eucharistic Minister who carefully places the Body of Christ in the communicant’s hand without touching the person. Holy Communion is received only in the hand at this time.
- At the end of mass, parishioners are instructed to leave the church without spending social time with the priest or fellow parishioners at the door or in the parking lot.
- The monetary collection box will be located by the entrance doors for access before and after each Mass.
Please continue to pray for the end of the pandemic, for the sick and for those caring for them and for those who have died.